Why is it that I have to start work two days in a row with upsetting news? Although today’s is more about a new thing I have to do rather than a tragedy.
2 hours ago
35 Things You Should Never Say to a Book Lover
- I liked the movie version much better.
- That’s a pretty big book for such a lil’ lady.
- People still read!?!?! OMG LOL ROFL FML OMG OMG #SORRYNOTSORRY
- You’ll have to get rid of some of these.
- I only bought this book because the cover art has my favorite actor on it.
- I ripped out all the pages of a first edition of The Adventures of Tom Sawyer because Pinterest told me I could use them to decoupage a picture frame.
- I haven’t read any of them, but don’t they look awesome on my shelf?
- Oh this? I just carry it around because it makes me look smart.
- I hate the smell.
- Who’s Kurt Vonnegut?
- Libraries make me nervous. Too quiet!
- I only go to the bookstore for the free wifi.
- I’m too hungry to look at the secondhand book table with you. Can we skip it?
- Wait. The point of this book club is actually to discuss the book? I thought it was code for wine night!
- Nope, can’t wait for you to finish this chapter. We need to discuss my date right now.
- I have to read Prawst for class. No, I’m pretty sure that’s how it’s pronounced. It’s Swedish.
- Do you really need to pack all these books? We’re only going away for 3 days!
- I spilled cranberry juice on it. Sorry.
- Sorry. It’s just that even the smallest reading light bothers me.
- Print is dead, you know.
- We’re sorry. Ikea’s Expedit shelving system is being discontinued.
- If you could only have one book to read in the whole wide world, what would it be?
- No, we’re sorry. The author has decided not to complete the series.
- Did you hear Vin Diesel is gonna play Holden Caulfield?
- This bookstore is closing to make way for an Equinox.
- You have to be out of your apartment in 3 days.
- I use them more as plates than anything else.
- That book you lent me? Hmm. I can’t remember where I put it. The last thing I remember was highlighting my favorite parts in pink.
- But what ELSE do you want for your birthday?
- You read a lot. What’s the name of the author who wrote that book about those things?
- Why do you care so much about the spine?!
- After you pull out your book: Oh. I thought maybe we could chat while we wait.
- Yeah, we met in a bookstore. Can you believe it!? I never go to bookstores—I was only in there buying a coffee!
- Put that book down. Let’s play beach volleyball instead!
- The next volume in the trilogy will hit shelves May 2019.
[Barnes and Nobles got it so right]
14 hours ago
Anonymous asked: 38, 44, 47?
38:Where is your favorite place to read?
In the sun, inside with a coffee or tea. Honestly, I’m usually pretty comfortable reading anywhere. Though, it is my never ending goal to find a place to live where I have a reading nook and be surrounded by bookshelves. I’m never going to stop hoping.
44:Who is your favorite children’s book author?
Dr. Seuss. Or A.A. Milne.
47:What book have you reread the most?
I have no idea actually. It might be “The Redemption of Althalus” by David Eddings or maybe even The Song of the Lioness series by Tamora Pierce or Harry Potter… I re-read a lot of books.
(Ask me these!)
3 days ago
usipusi asked: 1, 7, 14, 22
1:What was the last book you read?
I just finished re-reading Soulless by Gail Carriger which is a steampunk romance-y novel with werewolves, vampires and extremely bad hats set in Victorian times.
7:What was the last bad book you read?
Bad book? I read romance novels all the time those are technically “bad books” I’m not quite sure how to answer this.
14:What’s your least favorite book?
Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad. There are lots of reasons, but my high school English teacher didn’t help.
22:Has a book ever transported you somewhere else?
Oh loads of times, I get transported every time I read. It’s one of the things I love most about reading. It’s all very magical and wonderful.
(Ask me these!)
4 days ago